Police Department FAQ


What is the address of the Holly Ridge Police Department?

The physical address is 313 Sound Road, Holly Ridge NC 28445
The mailing address is PO Box 145, Holly Ridge NC 28445

When should I call 911?

When you have an emergency for police, fire or if you need an ambulance. When you dial 911, your call goes to the Emergency Operations Center E-911. You need to answer the operator’s questions while they are dispatching the police, fire department or ambulance. For a non-emergency, you should call (910) 455-9119 which also goes to the Emergency Operations Center.

How do I obtain a copy of a police report or wreck report?

Reports can be obtained from the Holly Ridge Police department Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. There is a fee of $4.00 for a police report and a $5.00 fee for a wreck report.

How do I obtain sex offender information

For information about sex offenders search North Carolina Offender Registry.

How can I find out information about warrants?

Most traffic tickets can be taken care of in one of two ways. You can see a Magistrate (located at the Onslow County Sheriff’s Office) to pay the fine or you can appear in court on your court date if you feel that you’re not guilty. Some traffic tickets require a mandatory court appearance even to plead guilty. If you are not sure, you can call the Magistrate’s office at (910) 478-3619.

How can I find out information about warrants?

You can call the Onslow County Sheriff’s Office at (910) 455-3113.

When I am out of town, will the Police watch my home?

For many years Holly Ridge Police has had a residential watch program. If you are going out of town, stop by the Town Hall and fill out a Residential Watch Form. The Police department will check your residence periodically while you are away.

What makes a person or vehicle “suspicious”?

You can answer that question best. If something doesn’t look right to you, it’s worth having the Police check it out. Don’t hesitate to call if you think something or someone is suspicious.

Does the the Police Department provide a fingerprinting service for the public?

Holly Ridge Police does provide fingerprinting on a limited basis. There is a $10.00 fee and you can schedule an appointment by calling the Police Department at (910) 329-4076.

How can I obtain information about becoming a Police Officer with Holly Ridge?

Check out our Career Opportunities page or call Lieutenant Jeff Edens at (910) 329-4076.

How can I report narcotics activity in my neighborhood?

You can dial (910) 329-4076 or (910) 455-9119 or you can e-mail the Police Department with the information and if you wish to remain anonymous, please indicate that and no attempt will be made to contact you.

Can the Police open my car if I lock my keys inside?

Yes, and at no charge. Call the Holly Ridge Police at (910) 329-4076 or (910) 455-9119